Hacker Blocker works by updating the native firewall of Windows with consolidated Rules to block verified hackers, spammers and bots from your server, PC or laptop. Each of these entries are researched & verified in real-time, as attack reports are received by our specialists. Once verified, they are added to our Master Blocklist, which is downloaded and applied to your Firewall automatically.
When one client is attacked, all become protected from that attacker - instantly.
Your Server and workstation Firewalls are constantly updated, blocking millions of IPs used by hackers, spammers, botnets & ransomware servers.
Single Device License
Windows Server up to 25 Users
Volume & Custom Licensing
$30 moPAID YEARLY
FOR WINDOWS PC
$199.95 moPAID YEARLY
FOR WINDOWS SERVER
UP TO 25 USERS
$8 /mo per usermore info
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do Licenses Work?
Hacker Blocker for Windows Licensing
Windows PC - Single user license is for one Activation on a single device. You can move an Activation from one device to another 3 times, called 'Deactivations' per license. If you need more Deactivations, you can request them in your Customer License Portal or call support.
Windows Server edition - Licenses are assigned to a physical OSE of Windows Server for up to 25 users or virtual OSEs, with two activations assigned. For Enterprise and Datacenter editions with more than 25 OSEs, contact our Volume License department.
Volume Licenses can be ordered by calling our sales department at (617) 819-5877. We can also customize your license options for easy tracking and deactivations of licenses on individual machines:
Volume Server License
For Windows Server, Activation codes for physical OSE, calculated by number of users or virtual OSEs (VMs).
As low as $8 per user / mo
Mulitple Device License
For multiple PCs, assigns a single license and Activation code to each device, for those who need more control over Deactivations.
As low as $25 per device / mo
Volume & Device License
Manage all your Volume Server & device license activations from your Customer License Portal.
Call for custom pricing.
Our Customer License Portal allows Customers to organize and control license options easily, and we can help customize your Portal for easy management.
Linux / Unix / WHM
For Linux machines, we use Secure FTP (sFTP) connections to upload our Blocklist to your CSF path every 15 minutes, in whichever format needed i.e.: csf.deny. We offer paid subscriptions through our website here.
How Do Hackers Attack My Business?
Hackers have a multi-pronged approach to attacking American businesses and agencies. Most attacks are random, usually on your website or in the form of spam / phishing and attacks looking for vulnerabilities. When one is found, it is exploited.
Website & Email attacks include:
- Thousands of WP-Admin logins per hour
- SQL Injections
- Form and Comment spam
- Direct File Inclusions (malware/viruses)
- Denial-of-Service Attacks
- Email Bombing
Meanwhile, your public-facing servers are dealing with the same 'noise' attacks, while dealing with Windows-specific attacks such as Exchange Server exploits from Ransomware-as-a-Service (RaaS), Eavesdropping, Network Denial-of-Service Attacks, Spoofing, RTP Relays, Spim Attacks, Viruses & Worms, and so on, and so on.
These attacks result in slow networks, websites and email delivery; affecting productivity, increasing IT costs, and in worse cases, ransomware nightmares.
How Does Hacker Blocker Protect From Ransomware?
Ransomware attacks vary in their techniques, from simple phishing and malware infections to sophisticated proxy-shell flaw exploits. Hacker Blocker adds blockades to Ransomware at multiple stages:
- We research and block IP addresses and CIDRs used by Ransomware actors, including known RaaS (Ransomware as a Service) organizations such as BlackByte, which attacked the San Francisco 49ers on Superbowl Sunday, 2/13/2022
- We block IPs used by email servers that spread malware and phishing emails, substantially reducing the amount of spam and phishing emails
- We block IPs used by malware programs to communicate with their servers, stopping their ability to do their dirty work
- We recommend adding roles such as Anti-Ransomware FSRM to your servers, and educating staff to avoid phishing schemes
Exchange Servers using Hacker Blocker see immediate decreases in spam and phishing emails, increasing overall performance.
What Is "The Blocklist"?
The Hacker Blocker Blocklist has been compiled since 2016, and includes IP addresses & CIDRs of reported cyber-attacks from around the world. Our process is both reactive and proactive, as we collect attack reports from our customers as they happen, and from outside agencies before they happen to our customers.
- As attacks happen to our clients, we collect the IP address and research its origin
- Using our Whois tools, we find the CIDR of the IP. This can range from one to a million IPs on a single CIDR
- The CIDR is added to our own live firewalls, if it matches our criteria
- Our updated Blocklist is generated from our live firewall lists every 15 minutes
We only block the CIDR if it matches certain criteria:
- Small Network with multiple attack reports
- Large network from countries unfriendly to the USA (i.e.: Russia)
- Not a University or Medical Institution
What Does Hacker Blocker Do To My Computer?
Hacker Blocker installs a Service on your Windows machine that communicates with our secure servers and aquires our latest Blocklist. It then parses this list into Rules in your Windows Firewall. Hacker Blocker then updates your Firewall Rules every hour, as we constantly add and remove entries.